Listen to the episode below
Today’s episode is a serious departure from our usual way of doing things, and we are using the inspiring conversation we had with Randy Stocker as a jumping-off point to start an exploration of spirituality, Christianity, and eternity.
This episode serves as the first in a seven-part series, that will more than likely continue on a separate feed or platform, but we wanted to introduce it here, and welcome you all to join us on this journey.
In this episode, the focus is on death, what comes after, and what your strategy is for understanding and confronting that.
The idea here is to use a logical and non-emotional approach to answer some of life’s biggest questions, and share some hope for future generations at the same time!
This new avenue might evolve into a book to be published in the future, but for now, it felt like the right time to begin this exploration and start asking these questions together, as a community, even if some of our individual answers might be different.
So if this interests you at all, please feel free to tune in for this first part of something new and deeply meaningful.
Key takeaways from this episode
- An introduction to today’s show and the series that will follow.
- The important questions about death that many of us seem to ignore.
- Looking at the evidence for our beliefs.
- The clear answers that the Bible provides for questions about heaven.
- Defining the use of the term Christianity in this context.
- Jesus’ unique characteristics and why this sets Christianity apart from other belief systems.
- The first question to ask yourself: ‘Will you take the time to explore eternity?’
- Three reasons why Christianity and eternal life are worth exploring.
- A few more disclaimers about this exploration of spirituality.
- If you are not a believer in Christianity, what exactly is it that stands in the way?
- An overview of the seven questions we will be covering in this series.
- Looking at the New Testament and why it’s a good idea to read it first!
- Exploring the Old Testament, its books, and some of the laws.
- How Jesus’ arrival altered society’s attitudes towards scripture.
- Conclusions for today’s question and the value of exploring life after death.
“You might skip over this episode if you’re not interested in a conversation around eternal life, or faith, or spirituality.” — Rory Vaden [0:07:45]
“What is your strategy against death?” — Rory Vaden [0:15:26]
“Do you believe in reincarnation? Maybe you do. If you do though, why? What evidence is there for reincarnation?” — Rory Vaden [0:17:56]
“What I want to present to you, are seven questions that every intelligent skeptic should ask themselves about Jesus of Nazareth.” — Rory Vaden [0:38:22]