This is a recap of a special episode for us because Lewis Howes is not just a business partner and client, but also a dear friend. The show kicks off with a behind the scenes story of the huge leg-up Lewis gave us in a time of need. Some of the strategies Lewis shared during the full-length weren’t common at all, and you’ll hear about ideas like using photography to capture your brand’s ‘feeling’ and the value of having a ‘big moment’ each year. We also cover the points Lewis made about nurturing both online and IRL relationships and getting into cycles of creativity that lead up to breakthroughs. Enjoy this special interview with a great inspiration to any aspiring brand builder.
Listen to the episode below
Key takeaways from this episode
- The connections AJ and Rory have to Lewis that make him so important to them.
- Why building IRL friendships helps grow an online following.
- How important it is to actively engage online in order to build your audience.
- Lewis’s true superpower: his ability to build relationships.
- Photography’s power to capture your brand’s ‘feeling’, making it more memorable.
- The feelings which capture Lewis’s brand: adventure, freedom, and self-growth.
- How much effort goes into making Lewis’s imagery such as his overseas trips.
- Why one should orchestrate a yearly ‘big moment’ for one’s brand.
- The function of seasons of intense creativity toward setting up breakthrough moments.
“I can very confidently say if it hadn’t have been for Lewis I don’t know where we would be today.” — @aj_vaden [0:03:47]
“You can’t be banking the future on what you did in the past. It’s that importance of reinventing and staying relevant, and being forward-thinking.” — @aj_vaden [0:11:59]
About Lewis Howes
Lewis Howes is the New York Times Best Selling author of the hit book, The School of Greatness and, The Mask of Masculinity. His podcast (School of Greatness) is one of the top 100 in the world and has over 100 million downloads and he has over 1 million Instagram followers. Lewis was recognized by The White House and President Obama as one of the top entrepreneurs in the country under 30. Lewis has been featured on Ellen and The Today Show and in People, Forbes, Inc, Fast Company, ESPN, Sports Illustrated, Men’s Health and many other major media outlets.
Lewis Howes — https://lewishowes.com/
Lewis Howes on LinkedIn — https://www.linkedin.com/in/lewishowes/
The School of Greatness on Amazon — https://amzn.to/2VawziZ
School of Greatness Podcast — https://lewishowes.com/blog/
The Summit of Greatness — https://www.summitofgreatness.com/