On this recap episode, we bring you all the highlights from our great conversation with former football player, Trent Shelton, who has gone from pro athlete to building an amazing personal brand with almost 11 million followers on Facebook! What stood out from our conversation with him is his authenticity and some of his best practices include his absolute consistency in showing up for his audience and his daily personal engagement with his community. While he may have had a sudden breakout video, he is proof that there are no short cuts and that only dedication and perseverance will get you where you want to be. We share with you the four C’s he emphasized during our talk, and we wrap up with a reminder about why you should never compare your journey to another person’s. Be sure to tune in for this quick update!
Listen to the episode below
Key takeaways from this episode
- Trent’s commitment to consistency and remembering there’s no overnight success.
- Doing a reality check with yourself about how long you’ve really been trying.
- His history of producing the videos and doing most of it with the red screen himself.
- Knowing what you’re good at and being willing to take risks.
- The surprising amount of time he spends responding to DMs!
- The importance of personally engaging with your community.
- Why captions and a call to action are so crucial.
- Providing content that your community actually cares about.
- Why you should never compare your race with that of another.
“One video may have come out of nowhere, but he didn’t come out of nowhere. He’s been doing this every day, every week, every month for ten years.” — @amandajohnsswc [0:02:43]
“If you want a loyal community, a loyal following, then you have to be engaged.” — @amandajohnsswc [ [0:09:05]
About Trent Shelton
Trent Shelton is a former NFL wide receiver that is now considered one of the most impactful speakers of this generation. He reaches over 60 million people weekly through hard-hitting videos and unprecedented engagement. Though based in Fort Worth, Texas with his wife and two children, Trent connects with people all over the world through his non-profit organization, RehabTime. He has 11 million followers on Facebook, 2 million on Instagram and has had billions of video views on YouTube. Weaving together personal stories from his own life and from others who have also gone through hard times, Trent released his book The Greatest You, the essential guide for finding a life that is filled with a purpose, connection, and fulfillment.
Trent Shelton — http://trentshelton.com/
Trent Shelton on Facebook — https://www.facebook.com/LikeTrentShelton/
Trent Shelton on Twitter — https://twitter.com/trentshelton
Chalene Johnson — https://www.chalenejohnson.com/
Procrastinate on Purpose — https://amzn.to/2PmL8wJhttps://amzn.to/2PmL8wJ
Brand Builders Group Consultation Call — freecall.brandbuildersgroup.com
Take The Stairs — https://amzn.to/2ZAJNUS