There are over 700K podcasts in the world, the great podcasts are started with purpose.
To learn more about how to build and monetize your personal brand, click here for our free video course
- Do not start a podcast if you are starting it just for fun.
- Do not start a podcast if you are starting it to make a profit.
- Create a podcast that people want if they are just starting out in an area.
- Do not start a podcast if you are starting it as a passion project.
- Do not start a podcast if you are starting it without a commitment to consistency.
- You should only create a podcast when there is a purpose behind it that supports you because it is not easy.
- Create a podcast that helps and serves others besides yourself.
- If you are committed to a clear, strong, purpose then you should consider starting a podcast if you do the following.
- Create a podcast that you would want to listen to.
- Create a podcast that people need if they are feeling stuck.
- Create a podcast that people would make time for even when they are striving.
- Create a podcast that “attracts the ego but hugs the heart”.
Create a podcast that “attracts the ego but hugs the heart”. - @Elle_Petrillo @LewisHowes #podcast #blog #personalbrand Click To Tweet
See Also: Capturing a State with Lewis Howes
That last one. “Attract the ego but hugs the heart.” That’s a big one. You want to feed the ego of your potential listener through headlines, bullet points, sales videos, promotional ads, and more. You want them to see something that makes them go, yes, I want that, yes, I need that. But where the magic happens is when you are able to hug their heart, move them emotionally, and overdeliver by the emotional connection that occurs in the episode. This is the difference between a one-time listener and a committed customer. Your ability to attract, connect and deliver.
To learn more about creating a powerful podcast, schedule a free call with me.
Connect with Elle
Elle Petrillo is the Host of the upcoming Unfiltered Life Podcast where she challenges people to stop pretending and own who they are. From New York to Montana, Disney Cast member to Door to Door Sales, Partner at 23 to fired at 31, Elle is unapologetically flawed. She is a founding member of Brand Builders Group, where she delivers the honest truth about what it takes to turn your personality into profit.
Join us at our next event! Click here for more details!