One of my highlights from this year was seeing Ed Mylett speak at Lewis Howes’ Summit of Greatness. Before this event, I had my own preconceived notions of this man that were completely turned upside down after hearing him speak and getting a glimpse of his heart. And man am I disappointed that I did not start diving into his stuff before this year. There were many times as he spoke that I just thought to myself, ‘preach it,’ and I can’t help but share them.
- Everything in life happens for you, not to you. I also believe this. He is not the first person that I have ever heard say this. BUT what made him different is that he inserted a behavior driver into this. He told the audience to go through every major event in your life that was hard and explore the answer to this question, “How was this FOR me”? Man, what an action item, right? This will change your perspective which I know will change your life.
Join us at our next event! Click here for more details!
- Live Blissfully Dissatisfied. If you continue to delay your bliss until a future destination and delay your satisfaction until a certain achievement, you will always be unhappy. Go ahead and give yourself permission to be happy and still continue to work for more! You might as well enjoy the journey and find joy in it.
- Replace yourself every year because your cells already do. There is nothing that you do in your life that disqualifies you for a better future. Nothing except your own belief that you don’t deserve it. YOU DO. You can take the very challenge, mess up, obstacle and repurpose it for something better. Reinvent yourself and use that pain to hold your dream up.
See Also:3 Storytelling Tips
- Connect through people’s gifts and not their surface. Find out their superpowers, explore what makes them great, identify what is unique about them and how they developed these things. This will tell you far more about a person than any surface-level conversation will. (Great interviewing tip as well)
- People were living fake lives long before social media came long. How about that for a truth bomb? It is so darn true. This is why people live in million-dollar houses but have to rent furniture and why no one connects over a dinner table at the holidays because people are pretending. It doesn’t just happen on social media, it happens every single day among your families, co-workers, friends, and communities.
If you were at Summit, thinking of going next year, or an Ed Mylett fan, I’d love to connect with you. Comment below with your favorite takeaways from him!
To learn more about how to build and monetize your personal brand, click here for our free video course
Connect with Elle
Elle Petrillo is the Host of the upcoming Unfiltered Life Podcast where she challenges people to stop pretending and own who they are. From New York to Montana, Disney Cast member to Door to Door Sales, Partner at 23 to fired at 31, Elle is unapologetically flawed. She is a founding member of Brand Builders Group, where she delivers the honest truth about what it takes to turn your personality into profit.